Cublog(A cuban adventure)

0 comments 2/11/2005 10:44:00 am

Well, I'm back in Australia now, in the beautiful warm weather. It's really weird being back though, especially with the knowledge that I'll be back in Europe by the middle of the year. I'm almost reluctant to settle back in, knowing that I will have to pack my crap up again.

That hasn't stopped me though - I'm enjoying not having to live out of a suitcase now, catching public transport on autopilot, driving around, and talking to people who all speak a language I am proficient in (no, I still had problems with accent in London). I'm also glad to be back amongst my two months of continuous music that I've been collecting, I'm just catching up on all the music I love that I haven't had a chance to listen to.

I've taken some time to sort my life out before heading back to work, which is a whole bunch of paperwork that I basically need to do. Insurance claims, frequent flyer points, bills to pay etc. It's amazing how low maintenance my life is - I expected to be bogged down in a whole bunch of administrivia when I came back, but there is surprisingly little to do.

On the slightly nerdy side of things, I'll be working on making a summary page for this trip - with highlight pictures from the entire trip, as well as a little DVD/slideshow (I'm making full use of iLife). This blog will be archived off in a few weeks time, so leave any comments you want to while you can :).

Thanks to all the commenters and people back home who have been following my little adventure, it's been a good experience, and I now have a swag of stories to regail people with over a couple of cold beverages (as long as you're buying). To those people who I stayed and met up with during this trip, a big thanks to you to - it was a great comfort to meet with familiar faces as I crossed the globe on a solo trip.

If you're still interested in the continuing adventures of Hiren, you can find his main site at Penguins dot mooh dot org, check there for updates. Bye all!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment