Cublog(A cuban adventure)

0 comments 1/12/2005 09:56:00 pm
Picture

Old Lizzy's place

I guess it's time for another update from my travels. I've been floating around in London for the past week and a bit, attempting to remember various bits and pieces of my former life in London.

London is an amazingly cramped looking city - the roads are choked with cars, and although generally speaking, the streets are about as wide as Australian streets, the cars parked on both sides of the street, as well as corners, and any available free space really make you feel claustrophobic here. Of course, there are some really really tiny streets running off other streets in Central london, barely large enough for one car. I'm feeling really comfortable making my way around London now on the public transport. I think after a few days in any of these really large cities, I kind of settle down a bit, and feel very comfortable travelling around and getting things done.

One of the things that I've spent a lot of time doing is meeting up with people. I've met up with all of my numerous (second) cousins who live in London (and outside London too), and it was a real hoot talking to them about the good old days. Another person I met up with - completely at random, was PaulM, ex PSL. I was walking down Oxford street, in search of a pair of cheap jeans, and walking down in the opposite direction was Paul, on a lunch break. After accosting him in the street, I met up with him for lunch the next day. Paul works in SOHO square, which is really nice and central to all the fun things in London. I hope to meet up with him later on this month, so I can go for Laksa (in Putney).

I've also met up with Oliver - a friend of mine from high school here who found me on the internet somehow. It was a trip to the local pub - an institution of sorts in this country, for a couple of quiet ales. Funnily enough, I ended up drinking Fosters here, which was surprisingly drinkable, or at the very least, not foul.

I'm off to Paris for a few days next, followed by a journey through Germany and Switzerland. I'll try updating as I go through there :)

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment